Limiting the performance of the iPhone can cost Apple a round penny because of number of cases.
Apple apologized for slowing the work of the iPhone due to the depletion of the battery. They also promised to temporarily reduce the cost of replacing the battery for $ 50 dollars of iPhone 6 and newer generations. But this may not be enough.
In France, companies are threatening the legal consequences of such behavior. One of the local organizations sued Apple in Paris. They also filed a lawsuit against Epson for the same reasons. According to French law, the planned obsolescence is prohibited, and violation of the law is strictly punished: 2 years of imprisonment, a fine of up to € 300,000 and a fine of 5% from the annual sales.
This is not the only lawsuit against Apple, the cause of which was the deliberate degradation in the performance of the iPhone. Eight different suits were filed in the United States. Moreover, some of the US residents do not suffer from excessive modesty. For example, a resident of New York, Raisa Drantivi, wants to sue Apple for $ 100 million. California resident Violetta Maylyan claimed a compensation of almost $ 1 trillion ($ 999999999000, to be precise) through the court.
Another trial was initiated in Israel. In this case amount of claim is $ 125 million.
- For the first time, users began to report a noticeable decrease in the performance of the iPhone 6 after the release of iOS 10.2.1 update in January last year, eliminating the problems of spontaneous shutdown.
- At the beginning of this month, Reddit users based on personal observations, came to the conclusion , that the reason for a significant decrease in the performance of the iPhone may be a worn out battery.
- A week later John Poole, the founder of Primate Labs, who created the benchmark Geekbench, cited additional evidence in favor of this version.
- Later, Apple officially confessed in the slowdown of the iPhone for the sake of “providing the best experience.”
- Some time after, Apple published an apology about the slowdown of the iPhone and promised to reduce the cost of replacing the battery to $ 29.